Located on the shore of the Straits of Mackinac, visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Mackinac Bridge, the straits, and the Upper Peninsula.
The Fort offers live demonstrations and interactive areas to learn how residents of this fur trading community lived and defending their homes from threats.
Historical interpreters representing voyageurs, British soldiers, and French-Canadian merchant families are stationed throughout the fort to answer your questions and perform demonstrations.
Be sure to check out the gift shop on your way out!
Colonial Michilimackinac is located near downtown Mackinaw City. Also known as Fort Michilimackinac, the entrance to the park is almost directly below the south end of the Mackinac Bridge.
102 W Straits Avenue
Mackinaw City, MI 49770
Approximate travel time from our hotels:
- Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City – 2 minutes
- Days Inn Petoskey – 30 minutes
- Apple Tree Inn Petoskey – 30 minutes
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Petoskey – 32 minutes
- Charlevoix Inn and Suites – 47 minutes